Since I am an employee of the state of California, (aka a Civil Servant – actually not because I am a contractor and not a permanent employee because of the damn hiring freeze… okay, don’t get me started) I have today off. Not tomorrow. Just today. A Thursday. You would think they would give us Friday off so we could have a 3-day weekend. But, I guess that is not the point. The point is to celebrate Cesar Chavez. (Who I actually think was rad, but I still want Friday off).
All week, I have had ambitious plans of what I was going to do on this day off. So, on Monday I created this list. Tuesday, I confirmed it. And Wednesday, I was actually looking forward to it. Here was the list:
- Walk Tahn to the dog park, let her play for at least half an hour
- Vacuum and mop the floors in my apartment
- Do all my laundry
- Go to the noon spin class at my gym
- Shower, then since it’s suppose to be 80 degrees today (I freaking love California) walk Tahn to a nearby park and lay on the grass reading
- Come home and get ready for happy hour
- Attend happy hour with my friends, enjoying the 80 degree weather
Now, it is Thursday morning approximately 9:30am. This is what I now want to do:
- Drink another cup of coffee while watching the last episode of “Californication” on my Netflix DVD
- Drive Tahn to the dog park, let her play for a half an hour
- Put some clothes in the wash – but only things I really need for the upcoming week
- Walk Tahn to a nearby park and read
- Go to happy hour
Sigh. At least I had good intentions.