What do I like this week?
(As appropriately timed as it could be, post Thanksgiving…)
Well, particularly, food blogs.
First up, Angela from Oh She Glows
I LOVE Angela’s blog. Besides the fact that her photos are beautiful and her blog is super fun to read, her food.is.delicious. I’ve made 3 recipes from her blog in the past month and I have loved every last bite I’ve eaten. Oh, did I mention her recipes are VEGAN?!?! (Although my versions were not. I used cow’s milk and cheese…)
Here are the recipes I made:
1) Mushroom Millet Soup with Cheezy Garlic Bread – Super healthy, filling and yummy. I used quinoa, not millet. It was a great lunch the next day and gave me tons of energy.
2) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos – Ever since I gave up meat, burritos haven’t sounded that great. What is a burrito without meat? Well, my sister and I made these a few weeks ago and I gobbled mine down so fast it was gone before Sarah even sat down. I was dying I loved it so much. I will definitely be making this again soon!
3) Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Casserole – My brother wouldn’t let me cut up the rest of his pumpkin pie to make this gem, so my dad let me use his. It was really easy to make and so unbelievably good. My only disappointment was that I made it in Northern CA on Sunday so I couldn’t bring the leftovers home with me. I’m going to make it again this weekend, though!!
My other new food blog love? Jessica from How Sweet It is
I’ve only made one of her recipes (Potato Pancakes to go with Angela’s Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Casserole), but I plan to make many, many more. Here’s a few on my list:
- All of these cookies. Okay. Fine. Maybe just 5 of the recipes.
- Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
- Caramelized Pear, Squash & Parmesan Noodles
- Lightened-Up Sweet Potato Casserole
Seriously, try one of their recipes! You won’t be disappointed, I promise.
Another quick thing I like this week?
This post from Molly over at Smart Pretty and Awkward.