Recently, I turned 27. I had one of the best birthdays I’ve had in my twenties. In San Diego, I had a dinner with close friends – a night of laughing, listening and unconditional love. Last weekend, I traveled to the Bay Area and had an incredible family dinner and birthday cake made my brother and S2. My family came together over this superb meal, and I felt completely loved.
As my brother and S2 remind me every year, I am 27 years-old, starting my 28th year of life. (Right?! Just when you become okay with your age, you gain another year!)
Inspired by many fellow blogger’s life lists, and particularly Drea’s 30 by 30, and Tami’s 43 by 43 here are 28 things I want to do in my 28th year.
- Learn how to surf.
- Read 28 books.
- Save 10% of my monthly paycheck.
- Do 10 real push-ups.
- Listen to live music at least once a month.
- Start a garden in my backyard.
- Take Tahn to the beach twice a month (except when it’s closed for the summer).
- Create scrapbooks of all the cards from my grandma.
- Find a yoga studio in the San Diego area that teaches Yin Yoga; attend class twice a month.
- Go to a roller derby match.
- Visit 3 museums in San Diego.
- Enter two writing contests.
- Write a letter a week.
- Hold a plank for 60 seconds.
- Walk Tahn 5 days a week.
- Become CPR certified.
- Hike once a month.
- Bake an Angel Food Cake from scratch.
- Help my mom learn to use her iPod.
- Clear out all the boxes of stuff from my dad’s house.
- Play in the beach with Buddy.
- Learn to French Braid my hair.
- Find a volunteer job that I really love.
- Host a brunch.
- Join a wine club.
- Start collecting wall art.
- Watch a foreign film.
- Stop using paper towels.
1. I hate how much I’ve been neglecting my blog but I’ve been working on a project that has been taking up 90% of my free time. I’ll be back soon.
2. I read this weeks ago. Weeks ago. I’m a moderator. What are you?
3. I love to watch Smash and envision Katharine McPhee back when she was on American Idol singing “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree”
4. I was sitting in the bath tonight reading O’s latest issue on decluttering, and I realized how badly I need to declutter, but I need to totally unpack. First things first.
5. I made these this weekend.
I’ve been eating 1 (or 2) every night since I made them on Saturday. They are so good that this evening I was sitting down to enjoy a cupacke and my DVR in my room wasn’t working. I walked back and forth from my living room to my room troubleshooting my DVR, dropping sprinkles all over the place. (Note: the DVR still isn’t working. I guess the cupcake didn’t help).
6. I went to the dog beach with Tahn, my roommate, and my roommate’s dog, Maya. It was maybe the best hour of my life. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Tahn that happy. Ever.
Tahn and Maya
7. This is how I have felt more often than not lately.
8. Drea’s post on living alone made me laugh and realize how similar I was when I lived alone. I rarely did dishes, clothes were everywhere, I usually walked around without some form of clothing on.
9. Tahn’s been putting herself to bed lately.
It’s a problem.