December 20, 2011 · 11:36 pm
So many things I like this week, I don’t know where to start.
1. Girl’s night. I haven’t had a real true “girl’s night” for as long as I can remember. Usually the “girl’s nights” I’ve had in the past revolving around bars, and trying to meet men. Or, my friends ducking out early to meet up with their man. Anyway you sliced it, it always about guys. My sister, my roommate and I had a fabulous girl’s night on Friday night. We even had our own private hotel room and room service. There was no make up or heels, instead there was pajamas, wine and champagne. Of course, men were discussed but not our focus nor the purpose of us getting together. I hadn’t laughed that hard in a long, long time. It was really fun.
The girls (my sister, me, my roomie Ann Marie)
We kinda sorta went on a mission. Don't worry about it.
Giddy from a successful "mission"
At brunch Saturday "morning". What? You don't eat brunch at 1pm?
Yep. That's a December afternoon and we're eating oustide, in the warm sun. I LOVE SAN DIEGO. (Sarah is wearing a scarf b/c of a breeze).
2. Oliver. After quite a night Friday, I decided to stay in Saturday night and take care of this little guy:
My roommate's son
Oliver was the BEST date I’ve had in weeks. It was the perfect night.
3. I can’t remember where I found this post, but it’s super great about doing more by doing less.
4. Remember how I raved about Angela from Oh She Glows? Specifically her Butternut Squash Burritos? Well, I made the burritos for two manly, MEAT EATING men this weekend and they loved them. Success! Next, I’m making her Naughty and Nice Vegan Enchilada Casserole – but I probably won’t make it vegan, just vegetarian.
5. I am going home for a week for Christmas!! Remember how I told you I was flying home 4 times from November to December? Well, it’s a long story but instead of flying home and being home for just over 3 days, I’ll be driving home and be home for just over 9 days!! I feel like singing Christmas Carols. That’s probably why Kelcey’s post about Christmas brought a tear to my eye, even the T-Mobile ad she has at the bottom of her post. Normally I would think the T-Mobile ad was super cheesy, but in my festive mood I just loved it.
Happy Holidays, guys.
Filed under Family, Food!, Friends, Fun Things, Holidays, Things I like
Tagged as Christmas, december afternoon, food, girls, Travel, warm sun
November 23, 2011 · 10:31 pm
From November 19 – December 26 I will have traveled from San Diego to the Bay Area four times.
Three of the four times will for sure be by flight. I may drive the last trip.
I know what you’re thinking: “Why!?!?” Well, I went to home (the Bay Area) last weekend to celebrate S2‘s graduation from her master’s program, I’m in the airport tonight for Thanksgiving, in a couple of weeks I’ll be going home for Buddy‘s first birthday (Can you believe it has already been a year?!?! Buddy will be one year old. Seriously, so amazingly exciting). Then, for Christmas. I may drive home for the Christmas trip, but it has yet to be decided.
I got a late flight out of San Diego today. I did this for two fold: 1) I didn’t know what time I would be off work and I didn’t want to risk missing my flight. 2) I didn’t know what the traffic would be like and I didn’t want to miss my flight.
Even though I was home um, TWO AND 1/2 DAYS AGO, I didn’t want to miss a single second at home.
And although my sleeping situation this Thanksgiving is a little, well I guess I’ll say nomadic, (Of the four nights I’m home I’ll be sleeping in four different beds in two houses. It’s complicated. Never mind) I am thrilled to be on my way home.
Last weekend was sort of a blur and I imagine this weekend will be too. I try to see so many different people, and spend lots of time with this special girl:
She is just as sweet as I remembered.
I hope everyone has a great, Happy Thanksgiving!
Filed under Crazy Dog Lady, Family, Food!, Friends, Fun Things, Holidays, Tahnee, Vacation
Tagged as airport, Birthday, Christmas, flying, Thanksgiving, traveling