Hi! I am so excited to share with you my FIRST favorites video!
I’m a big fan of Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara. It lengthens, volumizes, and separates lashes beautifully. It’s $24 and can be quite tricky to get off. I wanted to find a similar mascara for a drugstore price.
I think I’ve found it – Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. For only $8.99, it’s quite a bargain.
Similar formula, does not clump, easy to apply, and it separates lashes. Unlike Benefit’s They’re Real! it is much easier to remove.
The brush is plastic (like They’re Real!) but it is a crest shape may take time to get used to. Unlike Benefit’s They’re Real! there is no part of the brush that is designed for your inner eyelashes or bottom lashes.
Overall: I definitely recommend this mascara. Although not a perfect dupe for Benefit’s They’re Real! It’s pretty close.
Have you tried this mascara? What are your favorite Drugstore Dupes?
She kills me.
- A few weeks ago, Tahn and I met my friend and her two Labradors at the lagoon and let the dogs swim. Tahn found the only mud on the beach and decided to roll in it right before we left. She refused to go back into the lagoon afterwards, forcing me to take a very muddy dog home. I still have mud in my car. Let’s just say we haven’t been back to the lagoon since.
- I read The Glass Castle a few years ago and I can definitely say it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read. When I saw this New York Times article about the author, I was so interested to learn about her and her mother today.
- I’ve found myself sitting at my computer most nights watching YouTube Beauty Vlogs. I also watch them with a gigantic bowl of homemade popcorn and it makes me so excited. I’ve found many new beauty products I want to try, and learned of some to stay away from. Part of me wants to get my own video camera and make my own YouTube Vlog channel. You down?
- A few weekends ago, I went to Arizona to watch my cousin marry the love of her life. I originally couldn’t make it for a few reasons, so getting to go was really exciting. Highlights of the trip? Dancing with Buddy, the only child (only two-and-half-year old child) on the dance floor. That kid has moves. It was one of my favorite memories of my life.
- Also at the wedding? My cousin, aka the little brother my sister and I never had but always wanted. He lived in CA last year and my sister and I got in the habit of seeing him almost every month. When he moved back east last fall, it was a sad day. It had been almost a year since my sister and I saw him so it was thethreebuddies reunited once again. The weekend was way too short and I keep trying to get him to move back to CA. One more thing I love about my cousin? He loves Tahn and made a point to tell many family members about how wonderful she is. Brownie points to anyone who loves my dog and gushes about her.
I may or may not have screamed when I saw THIS GUY.
Me, my mom, and my sister.
Yes, I’m very pale & she’s very tan. Yes, we have the same parents. Nope, I don’t tan.
- I saw this video on NPR, and I have to say, the innocence and logic of this toddler was powerful and profound.
- Thanks to theSkimm, I found this little nugget of a video. At first I thought it was a SNL skit, but soon learned this lady is serious. I spent Thursday morning of last week watching it with my roommate and we couldn’t stop laughing. But, the woman is skinny as a rail, so the joke is on us, I guess.
- From all my beauty blogs and Vlogs I read, I learned about Maybelline Color Tattoos. They go on smooth, and stay all day without creasing. The good news is that I AM IN LOVE. The bad news is that I will be buying every. single. color. Goodbye, money.
Happy Thursday!! xxxxoo