June 6, 2013 · 12:22 am
She kills me.
- A few weeks ago, Tahn and I met my friend and her two Labradors at the lagoon and let the dogs swim. Tahn found the only mud on the beach and decided to roll in it right before we left. She refused to go back into the lagoon afterwards, forcing me to take a very muddy dog home. I still have mud in my car. Let’s just say we haven’t been back to the lagoon since.
- I read The Glass Castle a few years ago and I can definitely say it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read. When I saw this New York Times article about the author, I was so interested to learn about her and her mother today.
- I’ve found myself sitting at my computer most nights watching YouTube Beauty Vlogs. I also watch them with a gigantic bowl of homemade popcorn and it makes me so excited. I’ve found many new beauty products I want to try, and learned of some to stay away from. Part of me wants to get my own video camera and make my own YouTube Vlog channel. You down?
- A few weekends ago, I went to Arizona to watch my cousin marry the love of her life. I originally couldn’t make it for a few reasons, so getting to go was really exciting. Highlights of the trip? Dancing with Buddy, the only child (only two-and-half-year old child) on the dance floor. That kid has moves. It was one of my favorite memories of my life.
- Also at the wedding? My cousin, aka the little brother my sister and I never had but always wanted. He lived in CA last year and my sister and I got in the habit of seeing him almost every month. When he moved back east last fall, it was a sad day. It had been almost a year since my sister and I saw him so it was thethreebuddies reunited once again. The weekend was way too short and I keep trying to get him to move back to CA. One more thing I love about my cousin? He loves Tahn and made a point to tell many family members about how wonderful she is. Brownie points to anyone who loves my dog and gushes about her.
I may or may not have screamed when I saw THIS GUY.
Me, my mom, and my sister.
Yes, I’m very pale & she’s very tan. Yes, we have the same parents. Nope, I don’t tan.
- I saw this video on NPR, and I have to say, the innocence and logic of this toddler was powerful and profound.
- Thanks to theSkimm, I found this little nugget of a video. At first I thought it was a SNL skit, but soon learned this lady is serious. I spent Thursday morning of last week watching it with my roommate and we couldn’t stop laughing. But, the woman is skinny as a rail, so the joke is on us, I guess.
- From all my beauty blogs and Vlogs I read, I learned about Maybelline Color Tattoos. They go on smooth, and stay all day without creasing. The good news is that I AM IN LOVE. The bad news is that I will be buying every. single. color. Goodbye, money.
Happy Thursday!! xxxxoo
Filed under Beauty, Blogging, Crazy Dog Lady, Things I like, Vegetarian Life
Tagged as arizona, beauty, brownie points, Dogs, Family, glass castle, maybelline, memories of my life, NPR, Tahn, the glass castle, theskimm, video, vlog, Weddings
October 28, 2011 · 7:57 pm
As I am settling into my new life in San Diego, I have a few things I really like this week:
I love how Elizabeth from Flourish in Progress is still writing a hilarious blog despite being super sick in the hospital and doctor’s can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong.
I am totally inspired by Stefanie’s weight loss. I am even more inspired by her sobriety and how freaking hilarious she is. I also loved her book.
I watched Emily’s pregnancy journey for the past few months and I was moved to tears when I saw this post about the birth of her son.
On my drive home today, I heard this NPR story written by Amy Dickinson about the late Elizabeth Winship, the advice columnist who wrote “Ask Beth” for the Boston Globe. I was sitting in my car in complete awe of the words Amy used to describe Elizabeth.
“She studied psychology and it showed — but her primary quality was her humanity.
She delivered her wisdom with warmth, intelligence and integrity, sparked by Boston flint.
She was the real deal. Authentic. Just how she advised millions of readers to be.”
I hope that one day people will use similar words to describe me.
August 15, 2011 · 7:22 pm
Well, I’m not quite 100% from my crazy case of strep throat, but I’m feeling much better than last week. I ended up spending over half my week on the couch, trying to rest. Although my throat felt so much better, I still had no energy. It was extremely frustrating. I hate missing work, and I hate feeling that so exhausted. The good news: I didn’t feel like I was run over by a train today after work, so I’m making progress!!
Anyways, on ward to things I like this week:
I was listening to NPR on Friday and heard this great segment on Quitting. Although it’s an hour long, I highly recommend it.
I am totally going to make this soon. Oh, and this.
I wish Tahn liked to snuggle under blankets like this dog. (Thank you to Lisa Rae for posting it first).
This story has been all over the blogosphere. Jennie has posted three posts since her tragedy – all remarkably beautiful and heartbreaking (one last dance, for mikey and 5:52 pm).
And, if you want something to cheer you up and bring you to tears, go see The Help, the movie (and read the book!) Both are great.
Oh! I almost forgot. I am participating in the 20 somethings blogswap, so you’ll find me over at Leann’s blog on Wednesday!