I’m a big fan of Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara. It lengthens, volumizes, and separates lashes beautifully. It’s $24 and can be quite tricky to get off. I wanted to find a similar mascara for a drugstore price.
I think I’ve found it – Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. For only $8.99, it’s quite a bargain.
Similar formula, does not clump, easy to apply, and it separates lashes. Unlike Benefit’s They’re Real! it is much easier to remove.
The brush is plastic (like They’re Real!) but it is a crest shape may take time to get used to. Unlike Benefit’s They’re Real! there is no part of the brush that is designed for your inner eyelashes or bottom lashes.
Overall: I definitely recommend this mascara. Although not a perfect dupe for Benefit’s They’re Real! It’s pretty close.
Have you tried this mascara? What are your favorite Drugstore Dupes?
May 7, 2013 · 12:09 pm
Love San Diego. Best decision ever.
- TheSkimm. I. AM. OBSESSED. It’s funny, informative, and my one of the best parts of my day. I wake up excited to read it and cry a little on Saturday and Sunday when they take the days off.
- Nicole’s post to Do Whatever You Fucking Want. Hell yeah.
- Maskcara’s makeup recommendations. I’ve been using L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara for months (I randomly chose it one day) and it’s the best mascara I’ve ever used. I started using her recommendation for a lip liner (yes, it’s sold as an eyeliner, but you use it as a lip liner). I’ve gotten many compliments every time I’ve used it. I’ve very fair so I have to be careful with it, but it’s fabulous.
- Noosa yogurt. When I started antibiotics to rid myself of my sinus infection, I ate yogurt everyday to make sure the good bacteria stayed alive and well. My roommate has been eating this brand for months, so I decided to try it. I love it. The downside? It’s pretty pricey. (My fav is the raspberry. Oh my YUM).
- Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin. It makes the most perfect bun that stays. I saw this product months ago and thought it was a big joke, but after seeing Maskcara use it successfully I decided to try it. (I found that inserting the spin pin horizontally works better for my hair. Also, like Maskcara, it works best on dirty hair).
- Hollywood Housewife’s very brave, honest and heartfelt post on anxiety. My favorite part: “(Anxiety is) like allergies. You can manage it, but it’s still something that is there. Okay, it’s not really much like allergies. But it’s something I have no control over. And like depression, or PPD, or any other number of mental health issues, severe anxiety is not something you can talk yourself out of. One can’t simply ‘calm down.’ Deep breaths are not the answer.” I wanted to stand up and cheer.
- I took Jessica’s recommendation and tried Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. I love it. It really brightens my face, and covers dark circles.
- Jess Lively’s free May wallpaper. It’s brighten my desktop and makes me smile every time I see it.
Happy Tuesday! xxoo
Filed under Beauty, Blogging, Food!, Fun Things, Love, Money, Things I like, Things I've learned
Tagged as anxiety, beauty, best mascara, change life, food, l oreal, mental health issues, news, San Diego, style